this is a super easy project that is also bang on trend for spring: NEON + NEUTRAL COLOR BLOCK HEELS
i had these old beaten up nude shoes that I decided needed a makeover. Here’s what I did:
- Wipe them down to get rid of dirt, scuffs and god knows what else.
- Tape off the areas you want to be BRIGHT!
- I just squeezed the paint right on there (Folk art neons-2852) and brushed it on evenly with a paintbrush. I did 3 coats on mine; leaving about an hour drying time between the first and second coats, and 2 hours between the second and third. Then leave them to dry overnight.
- The next morning un-peel your tape. (slowly and carefully) Then I did one thin coat of ModPodge over the whole body of the shoe, better to be safely sealed than sorry! Leave to dry a couple hours.
- Try on your cute new shoes!
And all you needed was a pair of heels, tape, paint, paintbrush and modpodge.
I’m on the lookout for a clutch to paint that will match- I’m going shopping tomorrow so maybe that will be next post!
Check back and see! ~ Love y’all!